Food wise I did great and remained Whole30 compliant- meals and photos below.
Had a fun little test of wills when on two occasions people in my workplace started talking about @%!^$&^ and #@%! (Any dessert is officially a cuss word here and will be displayed as such.) Dammit. I had no idea the mere mention would conjure up unwelcome images and start cravings—am I really this far gone down the Sugar Addiction path?
Yes, yes I am.
The oh-so-shiny silver lining is that knowledge really is power, don’t you think? Knowing I will be triggered so easily helps me prepare and continue getting in front of that barrier.
Mentally I’m feeling good about this. Great, actually. I feel very prepared for the worst and while I haven’t read the book, the people over at the Whole30 forum are amazing and full of tips and knowledge. Physically feeling tired from the constant headaches which are not even close to being the end of the world and I can totally cope with.
Learning: (Well, really more of a reminder but a good one.) I’ve used coconut oil cosmetically, first-aid wise (kids bug bites or scrapes), to season my cast iron skillets, and have been eating it for a couple years. But I’ve been cooking with a combo of it, olive oil, and butter, in no particular order. With the pastured butter out the door I am now using coconut oil exclusively and am reminded how AMAZING it is to cook with. Really, is there anything that it doesn’t make taste even more delicious? I. Think. Not.
Day 2 Meals:
- Celery (3 stalks chopped up)
- Cucumbers (almost half of an English one, with skin on) (that sounds really weird but I’m going with it)
- 3 eggs
- Raw (and local!) sauerkraut (it’s a little more than a 1/4 cup)
- (drank glass of water with 3 teaspoons Braggs ACV while cooking)
- Probiotic pill
- Kale Smoothie (1 cup coconut water, 1/4 avocado, 2 cups kale, 1 cup pineapple, juice of half a lime, 1/2 teaspoon spirulina, 1 tablespoon gelatin)
- Grass-fed beef/hamburger patty
- Fresh Carrots and Fresh Green Squash steamed together and tossed in a spoon of coconut oil then sprinkled with sea salt. AMAZING; the veggies were definitely the best part of this meal.
Two Cups of Black Coffee (trying to keep this to one)
Dinner: I am not very hungry and plan to have a sweet potato and some walnuts in keeping with the three meal deal but for time mgmt. reasons am posting this BEFORE that so no pic yet.